Monday, April 12, 2010

It's Monday! What are you reading? (for Apr. 12, 2010)


It's Monday! What are you reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. Here we get to discuss the books we've finished over the last week and what we'll be working on this week.

After a week and a half struggling with a cold (and a bizarre reaction to meds), I've been absent from blogging much of this time. But I'm back and feeling much better now; sadly my reading has suffered too, so there's not much to report:

Last week, I finished Ash by Malinda Lo and should have my review up by Wednesday. I've been concentrating on Under Heaven by Guy Gavriel Kay, because I couldn't wait any longer and because, all going well, I will be seeing him at the world wide launch in Toronto this Thursday!! So, I'm hoping to finish Under Heaven tonight but honestly wished it would just keep going (forever); I love these characters!

This week I'll be starting Next by James Hynes, The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom. and Wondrous Strange by Lesley Livingston. If I can fit it in, I'll be working on Bite Me by Christopher Moore, whom I'm hoping to see next week for a book signing, too.

What have you been up to?

4 comments:

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

You have some incredible reads coming up! The Kitchen House sounds interesting!

I have been up to a lot of reading and a lot of reviews to write. I have a few books "almost finished" and I am hoping to clean those up the first part of this week.

Tea said...

I've seen Ash and The Kitchen House. Both books seem really good.

http://readwithtea.blogspot.com/2010/04/what-are-you-reading-monday_12.html

Jackie said...

Sheila - I made a typo!! It was supposed to be The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton that was next up not The Kitchen House though it is right after that, lol. Both look great though. (p.s. I don't know who you manage all the reading and reviews in a week!! Phew.)

Tea - I liked Ash. The Kitchen House sounds intense. I'm looking forward to delving in :-)

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

I do hope you are feeling better. :) Glad to have you back in the blogosphere. I really an looking forward to your review on Guy Gavriel Kay. :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...