Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Teaser Tuesday - Oct. 6, 2009


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly event hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.

Here is how it works.:
Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2 or 3) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title & author, too, so that others can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


From How the Dead Dream: A Novel by Lydia Millet

Behind the wheel of her car she carefully avoided not only the various Los Angeles locations of the International House of Pancakes but all breakfast-oriented restaurants that were national chains. And if she was struck with the sight of a Denny's or Waffle House, unexpected, she closed her eyes tightly until it was past.

Quite a teaser, right? Well maybe not exactly but the reason why "she" does this is even better! Now, you're all just going to have to go read it ;-) And don't forget to link back to MizB and share your teaser too.

19 comments:

Lisa-Marie Jordan said...

Wow! Why is she avoiding breakfast chain restaurants? Hmmm...

Jackie said...

I don't think I would have guessed correctly, if I had to ;-)

Krista said...

It does make you wonder???? I might have to try this one! Great tease.

Jackie said...

Definitely, Krista! I should have my review up later this week

Bryan R. Terry said...

That's great.

As you already know, mine is HERE

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Okay, now you have me curious. What is the catch here? I am looking forward to your review. Will that give us any tips? Sounds very interesting...

Susan said...

I like it! What a great title, too :)

Jackie said...

Thanks, everyone, for stopping by!

Melissa - sorry, the review won't give anything further away. It's not a major part of the story just a fun aside (though I haven't finished it yet, so you never know, lol)

Tea said...

I'm trying to fit the cover of the book to the teaser. It's all mysterious and interesting.

http://readwithtea.blogspot.com/2009/10/tuesday-teaser.html

Cecelia said...

Oh, that's great. Breakfast chains scare me a bit, too. Nice teaser!

You can check out mine here.

Jenners said...

You are right ... this is a good teaser. Why???? Why is she avoiding them? And that cover... I'm intrigued!

Jennifer said...

Why does she have an aversion to breakfast chains? Great teaser and awesome book title.
Mine is here: http://rundpinne.blogspot.com/2009/10/casting-off-teaser-tuesdays.html

Jackie said...

Tea and Jenners - that's what I love about this crazy book bloggin' thing! You find things you wouldn't normally pick up and these teasers just add to the intrigue! But I'm not spilling...

celi.a - is it the freaky faces they make out of pancakes that scare you? lol, nothing like having your food stare back at you :-p

Sweet Vernal Zephyr said...

I know I have a hard time resisting breakfast , any time of the day!!!! LOL

Mine's up too - and sexy!
http://sweetvernalzephyr.blogspot.com/2009/10/tuesday-teaser.html

Jackie said...

Zephyr - I just looked at yours, phew! Lol. And, yeah, I can do breakfast anytime of day. The poor chain restaurants are getting a bad rap from my teaser (needlessly, I might add)

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Melissa - sorry, the review won't give anything further away. It's not a major part of the story just a fun aside (though I haven't finished it yet, so you never know, lol)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thats okay Jackie, I am more curious about this book and what you think. I may have to get it, after this teaser and your review.

Marce said...

Great title and choice of teaser. I also can have breakfast anytime of the day. Going to amazon to read more on your choice. Mine is here. http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2009/10/teaser-tuesday-book-post.html

Stephanie said...

Oh my! I love that title! :-)

Jackie said...

Thanks everyone for sharing in my teaser! So far I'm loving this book.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...