Wednesday, November 25, 2009

"Waiting" on Wednesday - Nov. 25, 2009


This weekly event is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine where we get to share which upcoming releases we can't wait to get our hands on.

I haven't participated in this meme for quite a while now because there wasn't really anything I was "waiting" for. Everything that I was looking forward to reading was already on my bookshelves waiting for me ;-) But this week I've discovered that one of my favourite authors, Guy Gavriel Kay, has a new novel that will be released on April 6, 2010.
I first read GGK many years ago, starting with his Fionavar trilogy, which for me had a local aspect as it centres around University of Toronto students that are transported to a different realm. I have loved many of his other novels, though my favourite to date is Tigana. The best word that I can think of to describe Kay's work is epic. I am sure that Under Heaven will prove no different! If you haven't read anything by Guy Gavriel Kay yet, you need to change that soon!!

From the author's website:

The world could bring you poison in a jeweled cup, or surprising gifts. Sometimes you didn't know which of them it was...

For more information on Guy Gavriel Kay, his work and his Under Heaven journal, visit his website here: BrightWeavings.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...