Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday - Jan. 19, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday is weekly event is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine where we get to share which upcoming reads/new releases that we just can't wait to get our hands on. Looking back through my blog posts, I haven't participated in this meme since March 2010! There are so many upcoming books that I'm anxious to read that I figured it was time to start sharing them again.

My pick for this week is:

Red Glove by Holly Black

Red Glove is part of The Curse Workers series (my review for White Cat can be found here). I'm curious to see how this story will continue with the rich characters and dark world created in the first book; there is just so much deception and intrigue involved that keeping Cassel (mostly) honest will be a difficult task, I think.

It's set to release April 5, 2011 from Margaret K. McElderry (a division of Simon & Schuster)

7 comments:

Mel (He Followed Me Home) said...

I am dying to find out more about this world. Book one was a struggle for me as she was setting everything up, but I think I'm going to love this one as it gets right into the goodies!

Jackie said...

Well, I searched a few places for the book blurb and this is all I found:

The cons get twistier and the stakes get higher in Red Glove, the sequel to White Cat.

Talk about top secret!

Cackleberry Homestead said...

I haven't participated since July so you have me beat :)

I can't wait to read this one as well. I really enjoyed White Cat so I can't wait to see what happens next.

Jackie said...

Crystal - I don't feel so bad for not doing it sooner then, lol. Lila's role in Cassel's life is what I'm most curious about now.

BLHmistress said...

I haven't read White Cat but this series sounds fantastic added it to my list.

My WOW

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Ohh, wow. Oops. I have the first book here to read and haven't got to it yet! I am a rotten reader. ;) Thank you for letting me know the second one is out. :)

Jackie said...

@BLHmistress - I hope you like it!

@Melissa - Not rotten...perhaps overwhelmed is a better term? LOL. The 2nd isn't out till April, so you do have time to catch up ;-)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...