Thursday, August 20, 2009

Books, Books, Surrounded by Books...

I found this meme at Alexia's Books and Such and wanted to throw my two cents in.

Like any good book lover, I do indeed have piles of books all over the place. I'm in a temporary living space and had been trying to keep my books in boxes, ready to move again when the time came. But this didn't last long (I needed my books around me!) and as the boxes were opened, the stacks started piling high (around my bed). I decided to go out to purchase a(nother) bookcase to try to alleviate the problem, only to end up with the shelves full and piles of books on top of it, instead of the lovely vignette I had planned with candles and pictures, etc. (Note: the bookcase is two feet away from my bed, so easy to reach the books, leaving just enough room to walk)

So I offer my list of 10 of the books on top of the bookcase (rather than the 50 or so actually on the shelves):

1-Wicked by Gregory Maguire (borrowed from He Followed Me Home
2-Everything Is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer
3-The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
4-Demons of the Past by Erin Durante
5-Stones of Time by Erin Durante
6-Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris
7-The Kite Runner by Khaled Husseini
8-The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
9-Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
10-The Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon


While not having ten books close to you by no means exempts you from bibliophile status - I'm sure there's plenty of book lovers out there that borrow from the library and return in a timely fashion, I'm just not one of them (read: always return late) - it is interesting to see what we all have lying around. What's on your list? Can you reach from where you are right now? Let me know.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...