Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday: Jan. 27, 2010

This weekly event is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine where we get to share which upcoming releases we can't wait to get our hands on.

This is an easy one for me this week! From my good friend Mel at He Followed Me Home, I borrowed Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink on the weekend and, well, spent all day Saturday reading it. Then I ran out and bought my own copy. It's definitely something I will need to read again. (I'll be posting my review of Prophecy later this week, so stay tuned).

So the book I'm waiting for this week is Guardian of the Gate, the second in the series, by Michelle Zink. While the cover art hasn't been finalized yet, I found the book trailer on the author's official website (click here to check out Michelle's blog for more information on all of her work). This trailer seems to feature only the new (perhaps German?) cover for Prophecy, but the haunting music heard is the work of Michelle's son, Kenneth, and is the "score" for Guardian. I think it's a good reflection of the dark, Goth-like feel to this incredible story. I hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

Michelle Zink said...

Thank you so much, Jackie for the lovely words about Prophecy and for featuring Guardian of the Gate in your Wow!

I'm so happy you enjoyed the book, and I do think the next one will be worth the wait. In the meantime, you can find clues every so often on my blog!
<3

MZ

Jackie said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, Michelle! And also for the tease, lol. I will be checking regularly for those clues :-)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...