Monday, February 1, 2010

It's Monday! What are you reading? Feb. 1, 2010


It's Monday! What are you reading? is a weekly meme hosted by J. Kaye's Book Blog where we get to discuss the books we've finished over the last week and what we'll be working on this week.

Last week I completed U is for Undertow by Sue Grafton. Being the first of this series that I've read, I'm still mulling this one over in my head. I'm trying to think if there's anything else I read but, nope, that was it. I had fallen behind in my reviews and badly needed the time to catch up.

For this week, the plan is to get back on track completely! So in addition to posting my reviews that haven't been posted yet, I plan to read these books:

Gone by Lisa McMann
The Lonely Hearts Club by Elizabeth Eulberg
The Clone Codes by The McKissacks (this one is currently in progress :-)
and
Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver (reading at least the first 2 chapters)

These are all YA books this week and look like they'll be pretty quick, so I might just continue on with Death With Interruptions by Jose Saramago. For me, this is a pretty steep attempt, but we'll see what happens...
What's on your list this week?

7 comments:

jlshall said...

I'm trying to get back on track, too, but it's a struggle! Jose Saramago is one author I really want to read - I've got several of his books in my TBR stack right now.
Here's what I'm reading this week.

B.Kienapple said...

I read Blindness about a year ago, I found it an extremely taxing experience. His prose is beautiful but very, very dense. Haven't heard of this one but the concept looks good enough for me to perhaps overcome my hesitation. :)

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

I want to read The Lonely Hearts Club too. Enjoy the books!

Anonymous said...

Both Before I Fall and Lonely Hearts Club look really good. Have a great reading week!

Here's what I'm reading.

Anonymous said...

I am so off-track that there is no hope for me...lol. Loved Lisa McMann's books...great stuff!

Jackie said...

Joy & Bronwyn - Saramago is interesting, for sure. First paragraph in I had to pull out the dictionary (WTF is matutinal? Oh! early, why didn't he just say so? Lol). the writing style is different but so far I like where the story's going.

Sheila & alita - I'm looking forward the The Lonely Hearts Club. Mel # He Followed Me Home leant me her copy and raved about it! I hear good things about Lauren Oliver's debut also.

Updates on all next Monday :-)

Jackie said...

J. Kaye - counted 6 reviews in the incomplete file today :-O

On the good side, finished Gone by Lisa McMann tonight. Phew, went thru a tissue or 2, lol.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...