Friday, March 19, 2010

1st Rate Fridays - Mar. 19, 2010


This is a new weekly meme, hosted by Mel at He Followed Me Home . To quote Mel, it's "a weekly meme to share favorite posts you've come across recently. Although it's impossible to follow every book blogger, this is a great opportunity to highlight exceptional posts you find. Hopefully along the way you'll find some great new-to-you blogs as well. Let's spread the love and support those awesome posts out there! "

Terry at Alexia's Books and Such, has an excellent post about the pros and cons of the nook phenomenon here: To Nook or Not To Nook . She had a borrowed nook, so her article is based on a practical trial.

From an author's stand point, a visit to Guy Gavriel Kay's Bright Weavings offers up his journal as he comes closer to the release of Under Heaven, his latest novel. This is a site I often refer to, because not only does it have information on his books but also his insights into the publishing process today as well as (and more relevant in this format) the role & importance of book bloggers.

Lastly, for a great review of a much talked about sequel, head over to Book Whisperer and see what she has to say about Linger by Maggie Stiefvater. (Plus, background music including Bad Romance by Lady Gaga, which I'm not afraid to say I blast on the radio every chance I get!)

2 comments:

Mel (He Followed Me Home) said...

thanks for finding the nook review! I still don't think I can do away with holding a real book though. And you are teasing me with the Linger link LOL

Jackie said...

Mel - I know what you mean, though if they were less expensive it would be a great back up to carry with you, no? And yes, I'm teasing ;-)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...