Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Teaser Tuesday - March 2, 2010


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly event hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.

Here is how it works:

Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2 or 3) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that pageBE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Remember to show the title & author, too, so that others can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


My teaser this week comes from Angel Time by Anne Rice:
"Even when Toby was small, he knew his father bullied the loose women in the French Quarter, forcing favors out of them before he would 'let them off.' He'd heard his father brag about that kind of thing with the few other cops who had come over for beer and poker."
(pg. 86)

8 comments:

Sweet Vernal Zephyr said...

Humm, interesting tidbit - I haven't made up my mind on Anne Rice yet...

My tease is up now too. It is a free read so if I DO tease you, you can download it immediately.
Stop on over for a drink and a look around - Miranda
Sweet Vernal Zephyr

fredamans said...

I love Anne Rice. Good teaser!

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/03/teaser.html

Jackie said...

Miranda - I'm heading over to check out your teaser. Will crack open some wine later and hum
Madonna :-D

Freda - Thanks! I'll go check yours out too :-)

Sweet Vernal Zephyr said...

Oh Noes - I completely forgot about that song I have posted on my site... LOL I was sitting here all like, "So she likes Madonna with her wine... okayyyy"

:)

Thanks for stopping by! Miranda
Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Jackie said...

Yes, I do have lots of Madonna CD's but it's the name "Zephyr" that always gets the tune goin' in my head, lol. And, no, not my choice of music to go with wine :-D

Sarah (Book Reviews from Inside an Igloo) said...

Hey Jackie thanks for the follow, I'm following your blog now too :)

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Well, his father sounds like he was a jerk. At least to the women in the french quarter. This is a great teaser! Sorry I am late, I am running behind this week. :)

Jackie said...

Thanks, Sarah, for stopping by and following?

Melissa - better late than never, right? Lol. (And I can firmly say that as I respond several days later myself :-)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...