Monday, March 15, 2010

It's Monday! What are you reading? - March 15, 2010


It's Monday! What are you reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. Here we get to discuss the books we've finished over the last week and what we'll be working on this week.

Last week I (finally) completed Clive Cussler's The Wrecker. I'm still working on Beauvallet by Georgette Heyer and Anne Rice's Angel Time. I was away for a couple of days and got absolutely no reading done! Now, I'm behind my self-imposed schedule. Plus, still no reviews up :-p At least that part will be rectified this week.

For this week, my plan is to finish Angel Time. I may have to set aside Beauvallet, though I really hate doing that; I just can't seem to get into it. I'll also continue on with Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: Dawn of the Dreadfuls to offer up a little humour in this mixed bag.

I've started Neil Flambe and The Marco Polo Murders by Kevin Sylvester and Jonas: Beautiful Dead, Book 1 by Eden Maguire. I hope to finish one, if not both, of these books this week. My daughter is away visiting friends for March break, so in theory that should increase my reading time, but that doesn't always work, does it?

If, by some freak of nature, I get all of this accomplished on time, I'll be starting on Shadow of the King by Helen Hollick. I'm really looking forward to this one (being a huge fan of all things Arthurian.)

I figure I'm either ambitious or a little crazy, but what the heck...

How does your week look, so far?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well I'm starting Pride and Prejudice today! EEk I'm excited! Last week I read Dial Me for Murder by Amanda Matetsky - it was sooooo fun to read! Her characters have lots of character! I also read The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan - it was a bit depressing but overall a fantastic book, and can't wait to read the sequel The Dead-Tossed Waves! Good luck on your reading!

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

LOL! Good luck to you. Hope your "free" time to read works out for you. I know I try to find it and for some strange reason I always loss it. lol.

Have a great week!

Jackie said...

Charlie - I have heard so much about Carrie Ryan over the last few days. All great reviews, so I'll be picking those up for my own collection
:-)

Melissa- Day 4 of "free time" - yeah, not so much, lol.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...