Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Teaser Tuesday - Mar. 23, 2010


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly event hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.

Here is how it works:
Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2 or 3) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Remember to show the title & author, too, so that others can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


My teaser this week comes from The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting:


"And despite the fact that another body had just been found, Violet was suddenly at peace with the world again. She seemed to abruptly wake from the haze that had claimed her." (pg. 77)


There's lots of talk about this book throughout the book blogging community. I haven't reached this far yet, so I'm not sure of the complete context myself, but what do you think? Have you been sufficiently teased? Let me know :-)

2 comments:

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Wow. Interesting. Sounds like she died, but I guess it is that she found the dead body and she was with peace with the world. Interesting teaser. Looking forward to your thoughts on this one.

Jackie said...

Violet gets antsy when bodies "call" to her but the resolutions haven't come. I think this was after a funeral...

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...